As part of the NEM’s commitment to reduce global emissions and create low-carbon technology opportunities, the following funding has been made available:
- $70 million funding envelope by ARENA to kick-start electrolyser projects,
- The CEFC will commit $300 million of concessional finance through a new Advancing Hydrogen Fund
This package takes the Government’s commitments to the hydrogen industry to over $500 million since 2015.
In our upcoming three-series forums, we are partnering with the EWI (Institute of Energy Economics at the University of Cologne – leading global hydrogen research institute) to offer a comprehensive overview of the opportunities and challenges brought about by the hydrogen economy. These forums are specially designed for anyone wanting to learn more about the role of hydrogen during the energy transition.
During this forum, we will discuss how we can play an active role in participating in this industry through development, construction, manufacture, production and distribution. It will be packed with actionable insights for international and local investors, energy practitioners (regulatory and government), and will cover all key aspects of hydrogen technology – technical, logistic, procurement, economic and regulatory – with a focus on business models, revenue streams and case studies.
These forums are designed for:
- Investors keen on understanding hydrogen’s use cases and business models
- Energy practitioners looking for a well-rounded and in-depth introduction to the hydrogen economy and its uses
- Energy sector experts interested in its macro role within the Australian energy sector and export opportunities
- Government and Regulatory bodies looking to better understand and support the implementation, construction, manufacture, production and distribution of this new technology
- The hydrogen economy session one: Australian hydrogen supply chain | 14 April 2021 – This session has now concluded. If you would like to request a copy of the recording and companying slides, please contact email@example.com
- The hydrogen economy session two: Australian hydrogen economy financial and regulatory aspects | 13 October 2021 – 4pm – 6pm AEST
- The hydrogen economy session three: Australian hydrogen business cases | 13 April 2022 – 4pm – 6pm AEST