We are pre-eminent providers of research, analysis, consulting and training to businesses and stakeholders across the Australian, GB and Irish energy markets, recognised by the Financial Times as a leading management consultancy for both 2019 & 2020 in the Energy, Utilities & environment Sector. You can find us in Melbourne, London & Norwich and Dublin, offering an agile way of working and putting our people at the very heart of everything we do.
The Cornwall Insight Group believes that by reducing the complexity of the energy market, we can expedite our planet’s transition to net zero and help to avert the climate crisis. To achieve this, we provide insights on the energy market from wholesale, retail, regulatory and policy perspectives to our clients, facilitating informed business decisions.
Our consultancy team offer a bespoke research and advisory service, by utilising quantitative analysis, state of the art models and perspectives from our passionate and industry leading market researchers.
We are independent experts across borders and markets, trusted by clients for our unrivalled insight.
What we do:
Consultancy: A bespoke research, advisory and due-diligence service that gives deep qualitative insight supported by quantitative analysis to help businesses understand the energy market and its policies and develop viable business strategies.
Energy Market Modelling: We have our own Power Curve, Battery Revenue forecasting, ISP and FCAS models; we are working on new and innovative modelling tools and products to best serve our clients on identifying the opportunity and best serve their business cases. Policy and regulatory changes as well as other industry insights are built withing the models, we have a continuous improvement and high-quality assurance approach to all services and products we deliver to our clients.
Electricity Market Training: We provide Energy Institute-accredited courses designed to boost the knowledge and skills of attendees. With a clear training pathway, there is always room to grow.
Market Intelligence Reports: Covering the full breadth of the Australian, UK and Ireland energy industry our regular reports give a comprehensive appraisal of the local content energy landscape allowing customers to understand the impacts of a changing industry and stay abreast of key policy, legislation and regulation changes.
Publications: Our weekly and monthly publications keep pace with the fast-moving complex and multi-faceted market. The publications break down the key topics giving important analysis on developments in the market.
What we offer:
We offer you an exciting opportunity to contribute to building and shaping an exciting new business in Australia within a passionate, diverse, young, focused, and driven team. We offer a flexible, fast paced and extremely collegiate environment where we are focus on results, quality, and trust.
- the opportunity to gain experience in a trusted international company
- wide-ranging, varied tasks
- flexible working environment
- long-term career progression opportunities
we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community
- Developing and optimizing our in-house battery revenue optimization model methodology, assumptions and results
- Optimize and work fluidly with the in-house FCAS modelling tool that feeds into the Cornwall Insight Australia battery revenue optimization model
- Support the development and growth of the business with strategic improvements to existing Battery Storage products and services and innovating proposing new products and services to close the market gap as might be required
- Identifying potential new revenue streams for energy storage investments and incorporating these into existing battery optimization models
- Preparing customer proposals and pitch materials as related to energy storage
- Reporting to the Managing Director on the delivery of storage consultancy projects, maintaining the highest standards in content and analysis
- Managing projects from inception through to completion, ensuring excellent client communication and satisfaction
- Developing energy storage intelligence subscription services, training materials, and insight papers
- Originating new business opportunities in energy storage both alone and with the support of the group
- Participating in business development activities and face to face customer relationship building initiatives especially in energy storage
- Building industry networks to raise Cornwall Insight Australia’s presence in the energy storage sector including presenting at conferences and other industry events
- Developing working relationships with existing and potential customers
- Adhering to the processes for management reporting, invoicing, and quality assurance for storage consultancy projects
- Ability to cross-sell the wider product suite and regularize project learning into subscription services
- Analyzing the impact of policy and legislation changes for our clients as they affect energy storage feasibility
- Present our Energy Markets training materials to our client base and feel confident presenting at public events and conferences
- Deal effectively with internal and external queries to ensure stakeholder’s needs and expectations are always met
- Excellent quality assurance, customer service and communications skills
- Support the content delivery to meet high quality and punctual content for external publications, consulting services and product deliveries
- Streamlining, improving, and developing current/new processes to continually strive towards the goals of the team and the wider business
- Take a proactive role in the team, contributing ideas and learnings to the business and our customers
- Provide support to team members as required
- Involvement in the content delivery for the wider energy market consulting, training and subscription products and services as might be required from time to time
Work outside of working hours might be required from time to time, as the some portion of the modelling and supporting functions live in the UK
This role will be based in Melbourne. Which is considered a great place to live and recently titled Australia’s cultural capital. There are multiple public transport, and offer an awesome arts and culture scene, first rate universities and an easy lifestyle.
Why Should You Apply?
- You are the leading expert in energy storage systems, policies, regulation, and investment
- Curiosity, passion and interest in the energy market and a desire to learn more
- Ability to work within a faced pace, dynamic environment
- You love to challenge convention and you really care about your client’s needs.
- You want to contribute to building and shaping the future of an exciting business in Australia
- Cornwall is a great place to continue your career, we are dedicated to helping you grow and develop.
- You will enjoy interesting and challenging projects, working with the very best talent in our industry.
- We offer a flexible and agile way of working.
- We offer great benefits and industry related pay.
To apply for this role please email email@example.com with your covering latter and CV.