We are pre-eminent providers of research, analysis, consulting and training to businesses and stakeholders across the Australian, Great British, and Irish energy markets, recognised by the Financial Times as a leading management consultancy for both 2019 & 2020 in the Energy, Utilities & environment Sector. You can find us in London, Norwich, Dublin & Melbourne, offering an agile way of working and putting our people at the very heart of everything we do.
The Cornwall Insight Group believes that by reducing the complexity of the energy market, we can expedite our planet’s transition to net zero and help to avert the climate crisis. To achieve this, we provide insights on the energy market from wholesale, retail, regulatory and policy perspectives to our clients, facilitating informed business decisions.
Our consultancy team offer a bespoke research and advisory service, by utilising quantitative analysis, state of the art models and perspectives from our passionate and industry leading market researchers.
We are independent experts across borders and markets, trusted by clients for our unrivalled insight.
We offer you an exciting opportunity to contribute to building and shaping an exciting new business in Australia within a passionate, diverse, young, and driven team. We offer a flexible, fast paced and extremely collegiate environment where we are focus on results, quality, and trust.
- the opportunity to gain experience in an international company
- wide-ranging, varied tasks
- flexible working environment
- long-term career progression opportunities
- we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community
The analyst will be required to research and analyse information for regular subscription reports on the energy market as well as supporting bespoke research and delivery of information for key clients. The analyst will actively participate in enhancing research and identifying new areas of commercial opportunity within the business and the energy market.
The candidate will be working across the energy market (retail, wholesale, and networks) as well as across policy and regulatory issues that require in depth analysis and analytics. The analyst will work with both consultants and modelers to transform complex information into easily to understand subscription reports, training courses and consulting projects.
Analyst should have at least 1-2 years of experience in programming languages: macro excels, Python, R, VBA, and SQL. The candidate should also have a passion for the energy industry with 1-2 years’ experience in the sector highly desirable. However, any energy industry experience will be highly advantageous.
- Critical analysis of the impact of policy and legislation changes for our clients
- Responsible for authoring high quality and punctual content for external publication
- Responsible for gathering information, inputting data and identifying key trends or relevant impacts to customers
- Develop knowledge of the National Electricity Market and wider energy industry through research, regular reporting, training courses, webinars, consulting papers and knowledge sharing meetings to keep the content fresh and up to date
- Effectively communicate the key outputs of the research to the team and customers, focusing the information language to the audience
- Take a proactive role in the team, contributing ideas and learnings to the business and our customers
- Provide support to team members as required
- Involvement in ad-hoc consulting projects as required
This role will be based in Melbourne. Which is considered a great place to live and recently titled Australia’s cultural capital. There are multiple public transport, and offer an awesome arts and culture scene, first rate universities and an easy lifestyle.
Why Should You Apply?
- You have curiosity, passion ad interest in the energy industry and a desire to learn more.
- You have exceptional analytical, logical and rational skills
- Cornwall is a great place to continue your career, we are dedicated to helping you grow and develop.
- You will enjoy interesting and challenging projects, working with the very best talent in our industry.
- We offer a flexible and agile way of working.
- We offer great benefits and industry related pay.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your covering letter and CV.